Thursday 23 December 2010

Christmassy Fun Quiz with...Joss Stirling

It's my great honour to introduce...2010 debut author Joss Stirling.



Joss Stirling is the author of Finding Sky - a tale of two soulmates that meet across the pond and face many dangers just to be together. This is a great story and a must read to all yound adult readers out there. To all of those that have read Finding Sky, you will be happy to hear that there will be a sequel in the series called Stealing Phoenix.

Follow Joss via the following:

Blog: Joss Stirling

Twitter: @jossstirling

Here's Joss' answers to my crazy Christmas quiz:

1.    What was your favourite Christmas present as a child?

A big Paddington bear with real yellow wellington boots and a label saying ‘Please look after this bear’ – which I did, of course.

2.    Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?

Is this a euphemism for ‘got rid of’?  I must have done as I do try and keep a lid on the number of books that stay on my shelf and some Christmas ‘misses’ must now be at Oxfam.

3.    If you could take one moment from a past Christmas and put it in a snow globe, what moment would it be and why?

Nice question.  I’m going to go for Midnight Mass when I was a teenager.  I came out of church with my mum and it started to snow – just like in those Hollywood films.

4.    What is the worst present you received and how did you react when you opened it?

One year I asked my husband for the X-Men films.  He went and bought the X Files boxed set.  Gee thanks, honey.  This was ‘recycled’ to my brother-in-law who was a fan.

5.    Are you a ‘spread-out-present-buying-throughout-the-year’ kind of person or are you a ‘last-minute-present-buying’ kind of person?

I’m a last two months kind of person – I start looking in November.  My husband and I always book in a weekday shopping trip to break the back of the task in late November and to have a relaxed day together without having to do the divert-the-children’s-attention thing when we buy a family present.

6.    What do you want from Santa this year?

Tickets to see a West End musical – Billy Eliot or Wicked.

7.    Real tree or artificial tree? Both – one upstairs and one down in the kitchen.  More the merrier.

8.    Milk or Brandy? Brandy – in the cake.

9.    Favourite Christmas Film? A Christmas Carol

10. Red or Green? Green

11. Mistletoe: Yes or No? Why not?  Come on, what’s Christmas without kisses?

12. Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Christmas morning – all the best moments: present opening, going to our church for a fun service with hyper kids, cooking smells, still feeling hungry and not overfed...
Thanks again Joss for taking part in this quiz - Merry Christmas!!!

No comments: