Monday 24 May 2010

Review: Lover Eternal by J.R. Ward

My Rating: E, B, X

Published: March 2006
Publisher: Signet Eclipse

Author's Website: jrward.com

Purchase @ Amazon.co.uk Amazon.com

Within the brotherhood, Rhage is the vampire with the strongest appetites. He’s the best fighter, the quickest to act on his impulses, and the most voracious lover—for inside him burns a ferocious curse cast by the Scribe Virgin. Possessed by this dark side, Rhage fears the times when his inner dragon is unleashed, making him a danger to everyone around him.
Mary Luce, a survivor of many hardships, is unwittingly thrown into the vampire world and reliant on Rhage’s protection. With a life-threatening curse of her own, Mary is not looking for love. Her faith in miracles was lost years ago. But when Rhage’s intense animal attraction turns into something more emotional, he knows that he must make Mary his alone. And while their enemies close in, Mary fights desperately to gain life eternal with the one she loves…


Lover Eternal is the second instalment in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward. This book focuses on Rhage’s story and about a human female, Mary Luce and her life struggles.

Rhage has made some bad choices in his life and the consequences of his actions led to him being burdened with the beast that is unleashed whenever he is fighting. Mary is a lonely woman who lost her mother to a terrible disease and is trying to get on with her life when her fate takes a cruel twist.

The story basically starts from where the first book, Dark Lover, ended. The Brotherhood are living together and are still taking out the Lessers. Mary comes across a young man and with the aid of her neighbour Bella, they help him which leads to Mary finding Rhage.

Rhage can’t leave Mary alone and courts her within an inch of her life. He takes it upon himself to protect her and this causes some strife within the Brotherhood. Along the way we see a different side to Zsadist but I won’t say anymore on that subject – I will let you find out for yourself.

The Lessers are still going around torturing the civilian vampires to get to the Brotherhood. Not much has changed there apart from they have gotten more organised than in the last book.

Well, what can I say about this book apart from I loved it so much I couldn’t stop reading. I was so entranced by Rhage and Mary’s relationship, so much torment and torture. I was so into the story that I was nearly in tears at the end, so heartfelt and real. The sex scenes were so beautifully written. How I wished I was Mary hehe.

I would highly recommend anyone that has read Dark Lover to read this book – you will not be let down. Now onto Lover Awakened – see what the Brotherhood are up to next.

Disclaimer: I have not bought this book but was given it in PDF format by a friend. I am not being paid to review this book and everything I have said is of my own honest opinion.

No comments: