Wednesday 19 May 2010

Review: Burned - PC & Kristin Cast

My Rating: E. P, B

Published: April 2010
Publisher: Atom

Publisher's Website: pccast.net

Purchase @ Amazon.co.uk Amazon.com

Zoey Redbird is the youngest High Priestess in the House of Night history and is the only person-vamp or fledging – who can stop the evil Neferet from raising all kinds of immortal trouble. And she might just have a chance if she wasn’t so busy being dead.

Well, dead is too strong a word. Stevie Rae knows she bring her BFF back from her unscheduled va-cay in the Otherworld. But it’s going to take a lot more than hoping to bring Zoey back. Stevie Rae might have to give up a few secrets of her own...

Burned is the latest instalment in the House of Night series by PC and Kristin Cast. It’s deliciously exciting and will keep you hooked.

I really enjoyed the journey that this book takes you on. It deals with friendship, loyalty, love and above all else, honour.

We see Zoey and her friends on a journey to their own self-discovery. And on the way they realise that there is only one way this can go or else it will be the end of the world as they know it.

Zoey is busy trying to keep get to grips with herself and keeping a hold on Heath, her first love and consort, whilst Stark, her Warrior, is mad with grief over what has happened to his High Priestess. He is extremely furious with himself as he feels he was unable to protect her by choosing the wrong path.

Stevie Rae is on a mission to help get her friend back by finding out as much as she can about the Otherworld but nothing is ever simple. Her life gets rather complicated and causes her to lie to the ones she cares about.

Aphrodite is about the only one that’s keeping it altogether and trying to get everyone on the same page in her bid to get Zoey back into the real world. And as usual she is being her usual bitchy self about it all. But we expect that of her – wouldn’t want her any other way.

Other than the main plot to this book, I feel there is a huge underlying meaning within the story, one that applies to us all - we all may be broken at one stage in our life for whatever reason, but in the end we have to pull ourselves together with a little help from our friends.

On that note, I would like to say that this is a great series to read and the latest addition to is nothing but brilliant writing. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who is a fan of the series and enjoys reading about the vampire world. This book that can be enjoyed by all. I can’t wait for Awakened to come out now...I wonder what’s in store for the fledglings.

Disclaimer: I did not get paid to review this book. I borrowed this book from my sister. Everything I have said is my own honest opinion.

2 comments:

Blogger said...

Find out how THOUSAND of individuals like YOU are working for a LIVING from home and are fulfilling their wildest dreams right NOW.
GET FREE ACCESS INSTANLY

Blogger said...

Just got my check for $500.

Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them about how much money you can earn by taking paid surveys online...

So I took a video of myself actually getting paid over $500 for participating in paid surveys to set the record straight once and for all.