Tuesday 4 January 2011

Review: Undead and Unfinished by MaryJanice Davidson

My Rating: VG, L, H

Published: 2010
Publisher: The Berkley Publishing Group

Author's Website: MaryJaniceDavidson.net

Purchase @ Amazon.co.uk Amazon.com

Vampire Queen Betsy Taylor is fed up with trying to decipher the strange things prophesised in The Book of the Dead. At the end of her tether, she strikes a deal with Satan who promises to help – but only if she and her half-sister Laura pay a visit to Hell.

Hell, it would seem, is more terrifying than Betsy could have ever imagined – a waiting room with bad carpeting, reruns of 70s TV shows and ancient Good Housekeeping magazines. But when Betsy and Laura find themselves catapulted back and forth through time, they realise they could seriously screw everything up for good...


Undead and Unfinished is the ninth instalment in the Queen Betsy series by MaryJanice Davidson. Hillarious, enlightening and confusing are some of the emotions I was feeling whilst reading this book.

Queen Betsy definitely takes us for a ride in this book. We are given more of an insight into the world of Betsy and Sinclair just when everything seems to be bleak between the two of them. I was seriously worried about our lead couple.

As we flit through the times with Betsy and her sister Laura, the spawn of Satan, we learn more about how Betsy came to be and why everything is the way it is. To say the constant time travelling was confusing would be redundant but hey I am going to say it anyway. I got totally confused but in a good way. It had me constantly guessing where Betsy and Laura was going to take me next and what shenangians they would get up to.

I got a bit mad at the ending because it made me feel that this was the end of the series (it might not be but because I can’t find any proof to prove otherwise, I am thinking this is the last in the series). I really hope this is not the last book in the series as it left the series on quite a cliffhanger that has left me with more questions than I had to begin with.

The Queen Betsy series is the best series I have read so far this year. It has brought me many hours of laughter and endless entertainment. To say MaryJanice Davidson is the goddess of comedic writing would be an understatement. Hat off to this lady and she certainly knows how to write amazing fun-filled and amusing stoylines. Hopefully this is not the end.

Disclaimer: I do not own this book, I borrowed it from my local library. I have not been paid to review this book but everything I have said is of my own honest opinion.

1 comment:

SusanKMann said...

I love this series.They are fantastic books. x