Sunday 16 January 2011

Review: Midnight Alley by Rachel Caine

My Rating: G, P, B

Published: 2007
Publisher: Allison and Busby Limited

Author's Website: rachelcaine.com

Purchase @ Amazon.co.uk Amazon.com

When Claire Danvers learnt that her college town was run by vampires, she did what any intelligent, self-preserving student would do: she applied for a transfer and stocked up on garlic. The transfer is no longer an option, but the garlic may come in handy.

Now Claire has pledged herself to Amelie, the most powerful vampire in town. The protection her contract secures does little to reassure her friends. All of a sudden, people are turning up dead, a stalker resurfaces from Claire’s past, and an ancient bloodsucker extends a chilling invitation for private lessons in his secluded home.


Midnight Alley is the third book in the The Morganville Vampires series by Rachel Caine.

Claire Danvers is just your average, super intelligent, teenage girl who came to Morganville to attend college before heading off to MIT, little did she know that when someone arrives in Morganville, there is no way out. Because of all the nasty girls at college, Claire moved out of the dormitories and moved into Glass House and she is now under the protection of Amelie, the most powerful vampire in Morganville, and is trying o hide it from our housemates.

My favourite moments in the book were between Claire and Shane. Their moments together are just so normal, probably the most normal thing about living at Glass House and I think it’s really sweet by being a perfect gentleman towards Claire. I just love Eve’s character too. She doesn’t take any bull-poopy and tells it like it is even if what she says will hurt the other person’s feelings and you definitely can’t pull the wool over her eyes..well not for long anyway.

I can’t say I was head over heels in love with this book but I have enjoyed the other books in the series so far so I will most likely carry on reading the series as I think there is more great writing to come. I can’t really pin point what I didn’t enjoy about this book but I thought it was okay. This may be different for other readers and I wouldn’t discourage anyone that was interested in reading this series.

Disclaimer: I do not own this book, I borrowed it from my local library. I have not been paid to review this book and everything I have said is of my own honest opinion.

No comments: