Monday 10 January 2011

Review: Kissing Sin by Keri Arthur

My Rating: G, B, X

Published: 2007
Publisher: Piatkus

Author’s Website: keriarthur.com

Purchase @ Amazon.co.uk Amazon.com

Kitty’s radio show is as popular as ever and she has a boyfriend who actually seems to understand her. Can she finally settle down to a normal life? Not if this is just the calm before the storm. When her mother falls ill, Kitty rushes back to Denver – and right back to the abusive pack of werewolves she escaped a year ago.

To make matters worse, war is brewing between the city’s two oldest vampires, threatening the whole supernatural community. Though she wants to stay neutral, Kitty is once again drawn into a world of politics and violence. To protect her family, her lover, and herself, she’ll have to choose sides...and maybe become the very thing she hates: a killer.


Kitty and the Silver Bullet is the fourth instalment in the Kitty Norville series by Carrie Vaughn. If you like action and romance then this is the book for you.

Kitty is just your average DJ that wants to make something of herself and just happens to be a werewolf. The last part makes life rather difficult, especially when she wants to return home to tend to her sick mother. The Denver pack banished her when they killed her best friend T.J a year ago but some things are worth fighting for.

There were so many things that I loved about this book that I couldn’t possibly mention them all but I will tell you a couple. I loved how Kitty and Ben are now so at ease with one another now that they have established a sort of routine within their own little pack. Kitty starts to question how much of the emotions that Ben and she feel for one another; whether it’s just the pack bond or whether it’s something deeper. I for one am very happy that this issue was brought up as it shows character development between the two, it’s just not a case of them being thrown together because they are pack and that’s that, they really look into themselves and talk with one another to establish exactly what their relationship is based on. Albeit, the conversation is slow in coming around but they get there in the end.

Another thing I loved about this book was the fact that Kitty isn’t going to take anything lying down. Sometimes I think she looks for the easy life, like leaving Denver and cruising around the country, avoiding the pack that banished her. But I am so happy that she came back and was trying to make a go of it.

Overall, I have really enjoyed this book and the series as a whole so far and I can’t wait to read more. I want to know what Kitty does next. I can’t really list the questions I would like answers to as they will give away what has happened in this book. I would recommend this book and the series to anyone that enjoys a good action novel with romance and a touch of smut thrown in.

Disclaimer: I do not own this book, I borrowed it from my local library. I have not been paid to review this book and everything I have said is of my own honest opinion.

No comments: