Tuesday 24 August 2010

Review: I Heart New York by Lindesey Kelk

My Rating: VG, R, L

Published: 2009
Publisher: Harper Collins

Author's Website: lindseykelk.com

Purchase @ Amazon.co.uk Amazon.com

Fleeing her cheating boyfriend and clutching little more than a crumpled bridesmaid dress, a pair of Louboutins and her passport, Angela jumps on a plane – destination NYC.

Holed up in a cute hotel room, Angela gets a New York makeover from her NBF Jenny and a whirlwind tour of the city that never sleeps. Before she knows it, Angela is dating two sexy guys. And, best of all, she gets to write about it in her new blog (Carrie Bradshaw each your heart out). But it’s one thing telling readers about your romantic dilemmas, it’s another figuring them out for yourself...

Angela has fallen head over heels for the big apple, but does she heart New York more than home?


Angela had thought her life was great, she was celebrating her best friend’s wedding and she was engaged to her childhood sweetheart. But little does she know that her fiancĂ© isn’t all he is cracked up to be. He betrays her in the most ugly way possible and this leads to Angela fleeing the country and finds respite in New York, New York. So good they named it twice.

This is where Angela meets Jenny who turns out to be her new best friend and life guru. Jenny helps her get her life back on track and introduces her to her own friends and they think that Angela is a great. During the course of her stay in New York, Angela decides to try dating. She meets two wonderful men who couldn’t be more different from each other.

I thought this book was very funny. I was enamoured by Angela and by what was happening in her life. You never knew what was around the corner in her life. It took me by surprise many times.

I can honestly say I enjoyed every minute of reading this book. It is a great summer read and I would recommend it to anyone who is away on holidays and wants a fun book to read whilst they are away.

Disclaimer: I own this book and it came free with a magazine. I have not been paid to review this book and everything I have said is of my own honest opinion.

No comments: