Friday 6 August 2010

Review: Eternal Kiss of Darkness by Jeaniene Frost

My Rating: E, P, X

Published: July 2010
Publisher: Avon

Author's Website: jeanienefrost.com

Purchase @ Amazon.co.uk Amazon.com

Chicago private investigator Kira Graceling should have just kept on walking. But her sense of duty refused to let her ignore the moans of pain coming from inside a warehouse just before dawn. Suddenly she finds herself in a world she’s only imagined in her worst nightmares.
At the center is Mencheres, a breathtaking Master Vampire who thought he’d seen it all. Then Kira appears—this fearless, beautiful…human who braved death to rescue him. Though he burns for her, keeping Kira in his world means risking her life, yet sending her away is unthinkable.
But with danger closing in, Mencheres must choose between the woman he craves, or embracing the darkest magic to defeat an enemy bent on his eternal destruction.


Eternal Kiss of Darkness is the second instalment in the Night Huntress World series by Jeaniene Frost. This book focuses on Mencheres and Kira.

Mencheres is an ancient and very powerful vampire. He co-rules his people with Bones. Kira is a private detective who happened to save his life. Saving Mencheres has changed her life irrevocably.

I absolutely loved this book. Jeaniene Frost has outdone herself yet again. I never actually thought much about Mencheres other than what Cat thought of him throughout the Night Huntress series so I wasn’t sure if I was going to like this book at all but I am glad to say I was proved wrong. This book has totally changed my thoughts of Mencheres. I thought he was a heartless vampire by messing with Cat and Bones in Frost’s other series but this book has made me realize that underneath it all he is just a man that feels total and utter regret for what he did in his past and he can’t seem to overcome it.

I can’t seem to be able to pick just one favourite character from this book. I love them all. However, I can pick one favourite scene was with the bath tub. I thought it was brilliant, that and the ceiling scene. Pure masterpiece of literature. I think those scenes should win awards. I don’t want to say too much as it will ruin the story for those of you that haven’t read the book yet.

Overall, I loved this book and feel that if I keep writing I will end up writing huge spoilers and I don’t want to do that. This book and series is brilliant and I highly recommend it to any of you that have read the Night Huntress series. Definitely a good way to learn more about the characters from the aforementioned series. I can’t wait to read the next book. Bring it on! I can only imagine what Jeaniene Frost will come up with next, this woman has a magnificent imagination when it comes to writing.

Disclaimer: I bought this book with my own money and I have not been paid to review this book. Everything I have said is of my own honest opinion.

3 comments:

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

Oh man! I can't wait to get this book! I love her stories. Hee hee... book 5 of Cat and Bones should be coming! :D

Lover Of Romance said...

Loved your review!!! I can't wait to get a hold of this one, its already on my TBR!!! I also love the cover!!

Kt Clapsadl said...

I loved this book too. Well, I must confess that I love everything Jeaniene Frost writes. It was great getting to see a little more into the mystery that is Mencheres.

A Book Obsession..