Tuesday 27 September 2011

Review: Lust After Death by Daisy Harris

My Rating: VG, P, B

Published: 2011
Publisher: Ellora’s Cave Publishing

Author's Website: thedaisyharris.com

Purchase @ Amazon.co.uk Amazon.com Barnes and Nobles

In the Pacific Northwest, where life hurries to keep pace with technology, a re-animated bride named Josie struggles to escape her creator and to find her identity in the half-erased circuitry of her mind and body.

Assassin Bane Connor just wants to get the girl to the Zombie Underground and receive his payoff-a mental reset that will erase his memories as well as his guilt. But an attack by a rival faction derails his rescue, and the wide-eyed female whose circuitry requires a husband tears at his hardened heart and ignites desire like he's never known.

Acting as Josie's spouse-substitute is tougher than Bane expected. The newborn stein needs touch to live, and wanting her is a complication he doesn't need. To make matters worse, she sees into the darkest recesses of his mind. The last thing a killer wants is for his lover to read his thoughts, but if Josie can love him the way he's programmed, perhaps Bane can find a way to heal his past.


Lust After Death is a novella written by Daisy Harris and is pumped full of action and sex.

Josie and Bane are electric. Their encounters are full of sexual tension in the first few acquaintances and then it becomes very lusty. Josie is a strong character and is a great match for Bane. She doesn’t let him push her around. Bane’s softer side comes out when he is around Josie. He is a protector first and a terminator second. I like their union and think they make for an undead couple. Now, one character I can’t stand is Anna. She just oozed ‘hate me’ pheromones.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this short and refreshing read. This is the first time where I have read anything that has the main characters being zombies. Quite a different read for me but enjoyable.

Disclaimer: I was sent this e-book as part of a tour by The Bookish Snob Promotions. I have not been paid to review this book and everything I have said is of my own honest opinion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the time to review my book! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)