Monday 11 July 2011

Review: Without Mercy by Belinda Boring

My Rating: E, P, B

Author's Website: BelindaBoring.blogspot.com

Purchase @ Smashwords.com Amazon.co.uk & Amazon.com

What would you do if a simple errand takes a deadly twist, turning you from cautious prey to dangerous predator?

When Darcy’s outing takes a turn for the worst and tests her to the point of breaking, she struggles to maintain her humanity. Where loyalty and pack mean everything, she surrenders to the inevitable and only an act of complete trust can touch her. When all is said and done, with memories flooding her mind, Darcy holds tightly to the only thing that makes sense – it was all a dream. Or was it?


Without Mercy is Belinda Boring’s debut novelette in the Mystic Wolves series. Bel is an amazing person and I am so excited for her and her new career as an author. She is an awesome writer as you will get to know if you read her work.

Without Mercy is a short story introducing you to the pack of wolves that are the centre of this urban fantasy series. From the very beginning, this story is action packed and had me filled with intrigue as to where the story would lead. I was literally sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to read what the characters did next and what the outcome would be.

My favourite part was when Darcy was shielding Jasmine. To me, this set Darcy aside from the very beginning as the heroine in this story. Not only is she strong but she is also brave. I can’t say there were any parts of the story that I hated as I loved it all..although there was certain scene that tug at my heart strings. Damn you Bel!

And when we meet Mason..wowzee!! I had to be careful that I didn’t drool. He had me swooning from the offset. Darcy you are one lucky girl. I especially loved the interaction between Darcy and Mason near the end. I don’t want to say too much as it would give the story away but it’s very cute and heart felt.

Overall, great introduction to a series that I know I will be following all the way through. You guys should definitely check this out!

Disclaimer: I own this book and bought it with my own money from Smashwords.com. I have not been paid to review this book and everything is of my own honest opinion.

No comments: