Tuesday, 30 August 2011

Book Excerpt: Blood of the White Witch by Lacey Weatherford


As part of the 'Blood of the White Witch' book blog tour hosted by The Bookish Snob Promotions, I have an excerpt from Lacey Weatherford to share with you all. You can find my review and links to where to purchase the book here.



"I could hear uniformed chanting, and I realized it was a spell of some sort that was increasing in volume, but my mind couldn’t grasp what words were being said.

When we stopped circling the fire, I noticed the hooded individual next to Vance pulled out another needle and injected him once again. He didn’t protest or try to stop them, so I figured he was just as hazy as I was.

The circle parted, and the two of us were led out of it.

We walked a small distance on the exposed hill, guided by our handlers before we entered a thickly wooded area.

Our guides continued on this way with us until we reached a very small clearing in the trees that was lit by a few small torches. I could see a makeshift mattress, made of straw and covered in blankets, that was on a small wooden platform. Some thin poles held a twig canopy over the top of the bed, and red and green ribbons were hanging from it twisting together in the light warm breeze of the evening.

The two of us were led over to the bed where our companions had us sit down.

I realized Fiona had been the person at my side when she leaned over to whisper into my ear.

“Seduce your lover,” was all she said, her voice penetrating clearly through the fog of my mind, before she and the other figure backed away, and we were left there all alone.

I sat still for a moment as her words sank in. In the fuzzy state of my brain I knew something was wrong, but I couldn’t remember what it was.

I turned to look at Vance for help, but I couldn’t see his face under the hood, so I lifted my arms and pushed it back from him.

My breath caught in my throat.

Has he always been this handsome? The soft firelight lit his chiseled features to perfection as he looked back at me. I knew I had to kiss him.

I leaned forward, gently placing my lips against his mouth, tenderly sighing at the contact with him.

Suddenly it was as if my touch awakened a raging inferno inside him.

His bright eyes instantly sprang to life, as if fire were racing through them, and he yanked me toward him in a crushing grip against his hard strong body, without breaking the kiss.

I responded equally to him, wrapping my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss as much as possible, and I was vaguely aware of the sound of my voice moaning in response to him.

His hands were tangled in my long hair, and he roughly grabbed it, jerking my head to the side, trailing love bites and kisses down the side of my face to my neck, and I lifted my chin higher to give him better access.

I could feel him move his hands, sliding them to my waist, working to release the knotted rope.

The thought flashed through my mind that we shouldn’t be doing this, but I lost it as my hands found their way against the bare rippling muscles of his chest when his robe slid off his shoulders.

He tossed me back onto the straw mattress, continuing his trail of kisses over my feverish skin as the firelight danced over us.

All night long he made love to me, over and over again, unable to stop, until we finally collapsed—exhausted—into a deep sleep."

Wowweee!!! Some hot stuff going on right there! So what about you guys..have you ever been so lost in a situation that you have abandoned all your senses?

I do it ALL the time LOL especially when I am reading, I tend to get lost in the story and when someone talks to me, they either get a bunch of gibberish because I haven't been listening properly or I just outright ignore them.

About Lacey Weatherford

Lacey Weatherford has always had a love of books. She wanted to become a writer after reading her first Nancy Drew novel at the age of eight.

Lacey resides in the White Mountains of Arizona , where she lives with her wonderful husband, six beautiful children, one son-in-law, and their energetic schnauzer, Sophie. When she's not out supporting one of her kids at their sporting/music events, she spends her time writing, reading, blogging, and reviewing books.




You can contact Lacey by following her on her social medias:

Twitter at @LMWeatherford

Facebook Fan Page at Of Witches and Warlocks- Paranormal Book Series



 
Tomorrow's the blog tour stop is with Lacey Weatherford
 


7 comments:

Krysykat said...

Um, wow *Fans self* Thanks for the excerpt :D

Vivien said...

Umm..Vance can toss me on a straw mattress any time...

Vivien
deadtossedwaves at gmail dot com

latishajean said...

Thank you for sharing been a fun blog tour love Vance!

Belinda said...

Ahhhhh... perfection!

LMWeatherford said...

Naomi, Thanks so much for hosting me on your fabulous blog!! I love the redesign...it's so gorgeous! Just like it's owner!! :D I hope you are doing great!!

@Krysta Yeah, I know, right? LOL Maybe I should use fans as swag for this book!

@Vivien HA! I'm right there with ya! LOL

@latisha Thank you! I'm glad you love him! and thanks for following!

@Belinda LOL..Vance could be out fishing and you would think it's perfection! haha

I'm out of town today, so I will do my best to comment in when I can. Don't forget to come by the tour for the finale giveaway tomorrow! :D

Aydrea said...

Oh gosh that is a steamy scene, but also creepy! Seriously his grandparents are weird, lol!

Aydrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.